Monday, February 9, 2009

Learning with Dave Ramsey


So, Bill and I have decided to start Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey. We figured no better time to make some changes than today right? There is a piece for the younger kids so we thought this would be good for Kameron too. He now has a list of things to do around the house and if he does them he gets a commission. It is great to see him get excited to help me around the house. With his commission money he has to take a portion to save, to spend, and to give. Of course, he is most excited about the spending part. He just finished saving over $35.00 to buy his Tribot - we were lucky and found it on sale too! We are hoping for this to be a great teaching experience he can carry with him forever. He is now ready to start saving for his new spending account. It is such a wonderful feeling to see your little one go and donate money to whatever cause he chooses; this money he wanted to donate to Calvary Chapel. I will keep you posted on his progress.....

1 comment:

JoMamma said...

I loved Financial Peace University! I need to listen to the CDs again. I think a review is in order.